1992 Dream Theater - Under a Glass Moon

From: Images and Words; Year: 1992; Genre: Progressive Metal
I can remember music from the year 1992, (which is also today's song pick number), quite well. But one aspect that I remember the most was the minimalism that permeated most forms of mainstream music, mostly in the alternative rock/metal subgenres. Those bands and the emerging sounds were definitely a breath of fresh air from the stagnating music scene at the time; even to this day I listen to most of those bands from that time.
However, as with all musical trends they became a bit too hard-line; I got the feeling at times that the "minimalist" point of view was overused, sometimes to the point that a band or a musician would be shunned and ridiculed if they got too technical with their music. Dream Theater was one of the bands to go against that grain of popular music and still prosper.
Anyway, here's a song off of one of my favourite Dream Theater albums: Images and Words. However, it's facile to say that this song is one of my favourites from the band, but it is definitely an excellent track. Even at just over seven minutes in length it is only the fifth longest track on the album.

Hear Under a Glass Moon on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Pearl Jam - Light Years

My song pick two years ago today: Band of Horses - Factory

My song pick three years ago today: Rush - Freewill

My song pick four years ago today: R.E.M. - Stand

My song pick five years ago today: Queen - Killer Queen


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade