1977 Jethro Tull - Songs From the Wood

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61v0rULISsL.jpg
From: Songs From the Wood; Year: 1977; Genre: Progressive Rock/Folk Rock
Here's a pretty good one for my nineteen-hundred-and-seventy-seventh song picked, which is, of course also the year it was released. In my opinion this song and album comes from arguably one of the highest peaks musically from the band; Songs From the Wood is considered by many to be one of their best records.
This song has all of the great hallmarks from their late '70's style: a good mix between the harder hitting and softer, folkish music. Both Barriemore Barlow and John Glascock are excellent on the rhythm section on this one, which has its meter all over the place.

Hear Songs From the Wood on YouTube.
Here is an excellent live performance of the song on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Jethro Tull - Crew Nights

My song pick two years ago today: The Guess Who - These Eyes

My song pick three years ago today: Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Fanfare for the Common Man

My song pick four years ago today: The Kinks - Do It Again

My song pick five years ago today: The Guess Who - Hang On To Your Life


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn