1999 Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/7c/21/780fb340dca01902c7f72010.L._AA300_.jpg
From: Californication; Year: 1999; Genre: Alternative Rock
It's hard to believe that not only that tomorrow I'll be picking my 2000th song but also that I have yet to miss a day. Oi, that also means that at least for a few minutes in the last 2000 or so days I've been on a computer with internet access.
Okay then, on to my 1999th pick, and, as I've been doing lately, I am picking songs that were released the year that coincides with my song pick number, i.e. since this is my 1999th pick I am picking one from the year 1999. Back then I remember hanging out a lot at my sister's house; we would watch music videos on VH1 until the wee hours of the morning. I remember the music videos to both Californication and Otherside were played heavily in the rotation. Around that time was when I started to get serious about playing music; this was one of the earlier songs that I attempted to learn to play on the bass guitar.

Watch the music video clip on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Queensrÿche - Eyes of a Stranger

My song pick two years ago today: Bad Company - Holy Water

My song pick three years ago today: Azteca - Some Day We'll Get By

My song pick four years ago today: Elmer Bernstein - The Magnificent Seven (Theme)

My song pick five years ago today: Rush - Jacob's Ladder


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn