1979 Pink Floyd - Hey You

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/13/PinkFloydWallCoverOriginalNoText.jpg
From: The Wall; Year: 1979; Genre: Progressive Rock
I'm continuing picking songs where the release date coincides with my pick number. There was a great deal of excellent music released in 1979, which made choosing one song quite difficult. Heck, even on this album alone there is a lot of great songs to choose from.
Anyway, for my nineteen-hundred-and-seventy-ninth song picked I'm choosing this one, which is among many that I like off of Pink Floyd's classic album The Wall. I actually thought I had picked it at some time in the past, but I was surprised that I hadn't. I've always loved how this one was constructed especially at the beginning of the song. I really like David Gilmour's playing of the oddly tuned acoustic guitar and the fretless bass.

Here is a music video clip with the studio version of Hey You on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Return to Forever - Dayride

My song pick two years ago today: Blue Öyster Cult - Hot Rails to Hell

My song pick three years ago today: Dr. Hook & The Medicine Show - Cover of the Rolling Stone

My song pick four years ago today: Seals & Crofts - Summer Breeze

My song pick five years ago today: Jethro Tull - Crazed Institution


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn