1978 Nick Gilder - Hot Child in the City

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4169D4N9Z1L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: City Nights; Year: 1978; Genre: Pop/Rock
Here's one from late 1978, (also today's song pick number); it was a pretty big hit that year. I've heard this one a lot over the years; I've always liked the way it was arranged, especially the rhythm section.
It's interesting, but inside this pop/rock track is rather intense subject matter that can, most of the time, be missed by the listener. From what I understand Nick Gilder witnessed the plight of some teenage runaways who were making a living as prostitutes and he decided to write this song about what he saw. However, strangely enough he wrote the song from the point of view of the "Johns" who prey on them.

Hear Hot Child in the City on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Boston - Foreplay/Long Time

My song pick two years ago today: Gerry Rafferty - Home and Dry

My song pick three years ago today: Johnny Cash - One Piece at a Time

My song pick four years ago today: Traffic - John Barleycorn

My song pick five years ago today: The Moody Blues - Forever Afternoon (Tuesday?), Time to Get Away.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn