2340-41 The Moody Blues - The Day Begins/Morning Glory

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61A3WHsZPUL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
From: Days of Future Past; Year: 1967; Genre: Symphonic Rock/Progressive Rock
Happy New Year!
I was pondering what would be a great song to start off another year and Moody Blues' Days of Future past album kept coming to mind. While it obviously is a song cycle chronicling the drudgery of an average Tuesday, this song, the overture to the dawning of the new day also fits the dawning of a new year as well.
Anyway, as stated earlier, this is the overture to the song cycle, which features themes and melodies from the subsequent material on the album. It finishes with Graeme Edge reciting the poem Morning Glory.

Hear The Day Begins and Morning Glory on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Rush - Here Again

My song pick two years ago today: Jethro Tull - Last Man at the Party

My song pick three years ago today: Dan Fogelberg - Same Old Lang Syne

My song pick four years ago today: ABBA - Happy New Year

My song pick five years ago today: U2 - New Year's Day

My song pick six years ago today: Kiss - Shout It Out Loud


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn