2346 Maddy Prior - Gutter Geese

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41EpQSsIeTL._SY300_.jpg
From: Woman In The Wings; Year: 1978; Genre: Progressive Rock
I was in the mood for some good hard-edged folk rock and much of the time for me that usually means listening to something Maddy Prior is involved with.
This is one of my favourites off of her 1978 solo record; I've always loved the arrangement of Gutter Geese, especially the way her vocals were. The rhythm section makes a nice foundation that carries and drives it and puts the other instruments and her vocals in a nice place on top.

Hear Gutter Geese on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Pink Floyd - Hey You

My song pick two years ago today: Return to Forever - Dayride

My song pick three years ago today: Blue Öyster Cult - Hot Rails to Hell

My song pick four years ago today: Dr. Hook & The Medicine Show - Cover of the Rolling Stone

My song pick five years ago today: Seals & Crofts - Summer Breeze

My song pick six years ago today: Jethro Tull - Crazed Institution


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade