2436 The Main Ingredient - Everybody Plays the Fool

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/a2/f4/d08181b0c8a0d476e26cb110.L._SY300_.jpg
From: Bitter Sweet; Year: 1972; Genre: Soul/R&B
Starting another month, and with this being the first of April, it's also April Fools' Day, so I wanted to pick one that was apropos.
It's interesting how many songs about fools have to also do with love and how it makes a fool out of people. Anyway, this track is no different, but the overall upbeat message is nice and uplifting. That's probably why I adore soul music so much.

Here Everybody Plays the Fool on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Bee Gees - I Started a Joke

My song pick two years ago today: Nocturnal Rites - Fools Never Die

My song pick three years ago today: Larry Graham & Graham Central Station - Can You Handle It?

My song pick four years ago today: Led Zeppelin - Fool in the Rain

My song pick five years ago today: Styx - Fooling Yourself (The Angry Young Man)

My song pick six years ago today: The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn