2444 Rush - The Trees

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/518fNvZKbnL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
From: Hemispheres; Year: 1977; Genre: Progressive Rock/Hard Rock
Wow, I guess this will be the last song I pick off of the amazing album Hemispheres due to the fact that I have now picked every other song off the album. But with there only being a grand total of four songs on the album the only surprising thing is that it took me nearly 2500 songs and almost seven years to do it.
Anyway, Hemispheres is one of my top favourite albums from Rush and I love every song on this album, but I especially love The Trees; it was one of the first songs I ever heard from the band. It was strange that the other night I realized that I had never sat down and learned to play the song, which I promptly remedied.
Every time I hear this song and especially Geddy's bass I am taken aback at the sounds I hear, and I cannot for the life of me fathom why he abandoned the great sound of that Rickenbacker bass.

Watch the music video clip on YouTube.
Watch the live performance from Exit... Stage Left on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Jethro Tull - Orion

My song pick two years ago today: Genesis - The Return of the Giant Hogweed

My song pick three years ago today: Rush - The Seeker

My song pick four years ago today: Queen - The Show Must Go On

My song pick five years ago today: Sammy Hagar - I Can't Drive 55 

My song pick six years ago today: Blind Mellon - No Rain


Comments

  1. Yeah, Ged's been playing J's pretty much exclusively for a long time now. I think it would be cool if he busted out the Rick during a show for old times sake. The crowd would eat it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, he's getting free basses and stuff from them for his endorsement, but even at that he'll always be known as a Rikki player.
      A few years ago on the R30 tour he used it for the encore playing "A Passage to Bangkok." I think Alex also pulled out the old ES330 as well on that one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk8FcTSL-mE
      He also played with it on the 2112 Classic Albums on VH1 Classic.
      Too many of my bass heroes, including Geddy play one and I was lucky to get a 4003 Rick on the cheap. I tell you, it's by far the best guiitar I've ever bought.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn