3039. Joe Tex - I Gotcha

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/712fqFwICkL._SX522_.jpg
From: I Gotcha; Year: 1972; Genre: Funk/Soul
I had part of this very funky song on my mind over the last week and I was waiting for this Funky Friday to pick it. I first heard it as part of the political parody track Convention '72, which can be heard here on YouTube, and never actually heard the full song until many years later.

Hear I Gotcha on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Weather Report - Crystal

My song pick two years ago today: Gerry Rafferty - Night Owl

My song pick three years ago today: Duke Ellington - It Don't Mean a Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)

My song pick four years ago today: Jefferson Airplane - Somebody to Love

My song pick five years ago today: John Denver - In My Life

My song pick six years ago today: The Charlie Daniels Band - Legend of Wooley Swamp

My song pick seven years ago today: The Doors - Strange Days

My song pick eight years ago today: Argent - Hold Your Head Up


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade