3571. Rose Royce - Car Wash

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41QErtRTvGL.jpg
From: Car Wash; Year: 1976; Genre: Funk/Soul/Disco
If my numbers are correct this is my 190th consecutive Funky Friday pick; almost to 200.
Anyway, last night I had another Rose Royce track come on my phone and I enjoyed it so much that I felt like picking another one of their songs today.
As you probably already know, this thumping disco/funk song is the title track from the classic film Car Wash's soundtrack and was also the band's debut album; and wot a way to debut. I'd hazard to guess that most everybody alive has heard Car Wash or at least parts of it at some time.

Hear Car Wash on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Camel - Never Let Go

My song pick two years ago today: Jerry Reed - The Legend

My song pick three years ago today: Curved Air - Heaven (Never Seemed So Far Away)

My song pick four years ago today: Alestorm - Rum

My song pick five years ago today: Bachman & Turner - Slave to the Rhythm

My song pick six years ago today: Pink Floyd - San Tropez

My song pick seven years ago today: Janis Joplin - Mercedes Benz

My song pick eight years ago today: Pink Floyd - Pigs On The Wing Parts 1 and 2

My song pick nine years ago today: Charlie Parker - Blues For Alice


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)