3572. Stuart Hamm - Radio Free Albemuth

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51zJiSzBvaL._SS500.jpg
From: Radio Free Albemuth; Year: 1988; Genre: Progressive Rock/Jazz Fusion
As odd happenstance would have it I was already going to pick this song, which features both Joe Satriani and Allan Holdsworth on guitar only to find out that the legendary guitarist Holdsworth passed away a few days ago... dang; he was a major musician who played all over the place and influenced many guitarists. Even if you do not know of him by name there's a pretty good chance you've heard him play at one time or another.
Anywho, about the song: Radio Free Albemuth changes up grooves and time signatures throughout with contrasting and well-defined sections that are expertly pieced together with amazing musical mastery throughout.

Hear Radio Free Albemuth on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Central Line - Walking Into Sunshine

My song pick two years ago today: Zakk Wylde - Way Beyond Empty

My song pick three years ago today: XTC - Travels in Nihilon

My song pick four years ago today: The Kinks - Long Tall Sally

My song pick five years ago today: The Beatles - And I Love Her

My song pick six years ago today: Al Di Meola - Alien Chase on Arabian Desert

My song pick seven years ago today: Alice Cooper - Go To Hell

My song pick eight years ago today: Pink Floyd - Shine On You Crazy Diamond

My song pick nine years ago today: The Doors - Riders On The Storm


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn