3558. Fletcher Henderson and Louis Armstrong - Money Blues

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61ssb4D8PmL.jpg
From: Timeless Historical Presents Fletcher Henderson and Louis Armstrong 1924-1925; Year: 1924/25; Genre: New Orleans Jazz/Dixieland
Back some six years ago or so I was really wanting to pick this song, but could never find it on YouTube or another streaming service, so I just made a note of it in my queue of unpicked songs and checked every now and then for it, but eventually gave up. Today, on a lark I decided to check, and sure enough, not only was it there, but from an official source too.
It's amazing how much things have changed with music and YouTube since I first started this blog over nine years ago. Because companies and artists would take down and go after people the choices I could make back then were very restricted, but now... it's really night and day difference.
Anyway, this is one of those feel good pieces of jazz you'd expect to hear playing behind an old silent film or during a Vaudeville act. Of course hearing Pops in his earlier years is a treat.

Hear Money Blues on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Weather Report - Palladíum

My song pick two years ago today: Percy Sledge - When a Man Loves a Woman

My song pick three years ago today: Peter Gabriel - Steam

My song pick four years ago today: Phil Collins - Something Happened on the Way to Heaven

My song pick five years ago today: Pallas - Rise and Fall, Part 2

My song pick six years ago today: Blue Öyster Cult - Black Blade

My song pick seven years ago today: Rammstein - Waidmanns Heil

My song pick eight years ago today: Jethro Tull - Rock Island

My song pick nine years ago today: Cheap Trick - Mighty Wings


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade