3330. Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 230 - Lobet den Herrn, alle Heiden

BWV 230; Year:~1700s~; Genre: Baroque Period/classical
Wow, today marks the 9th anniversary of me starting this blog; it snuck up on me again. It's hard to believe that in a year I will have been doing this for an entire decade....
Anyway, as I always do, (or at least when I remember to do so), am picking one from J.S. Bach. Since a year ago I picked one of his few surviving motets, I figured I'd do another. This motet has no definite date of writing, and is quite unique amongst the other surviving examples of his motets, but is still full of all that he's known for; simply a great piece.

Hear Lobet den Herrn, alle Heiden on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 225 - Singet dem Herrn ein neues Lied

My song pick two years ago today: 2590 Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 1077 - Canone doppio sopr'il soggetto

My song pick three years ago today: 2218 Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 996 - Suite in E-Minor

My song pick four years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV. 1051 - Brandenburg Concerto No. 6 in B-Flat

My song pick five years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 1049 - Brandenburg Concerto No.4 in G major

My song pick six years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 1046 - Brandenburg Concerto No.1 in F major

My song pick seven years ago today: The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed
 
My song pick eight years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 1050 - Brandenburg Concerto No.5
 
My song pick nine years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 1047 - Brandenburg Concerto No. 2


Comments

  1. So only some 21 years to go before you reach the 10.000 limit. It's an amazing journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot!
      I'll probably not stop at 10,000; that is if I'm still doing it....

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade