3726. Funkadelic - Phunklords

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51A5B8RcTqL.jpg
From: Connections & Disconnections; Year: 1980; Genre: Funk/Soul
It's Friday again, you know wot that means: a Funky Friday pick.
Connections & Disconnections is an album that sits in a bit of an odd place because of the fact that it was recorded without any involvement of George Clinton. In fact it was the three singers for Parliament, Fuzzy Haskins, Calvin Simon, and Grady Thomas, going it alone with their own band with the belief they could use the Funkadelic name, which ended up in litigation. With all that being said, I really like this album and the material on it; especially this song.

Hear Phunklords on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) - When Time Stood Still

My song pick two years ago today: Soundgarden - Loud Love

My song pick three years ago today: Joachim Witt - Das Jüngste Gericht

My song pick four years ago today: Carmen - The Gypsies

My song pick five years ago today: Rosanne Cash - Seven Year Ache

My song pick six years ago today: R.E.M. - The One I Love

My song pick seven years ago today: Lynyrd Skynyrd - Tuesday's Gone

My song pick eight years ago today: The Beatles - Help!

My song pick nine years ago today: Santana - Black Magic Woman

My song pick ten years ago today: Bon Jovi - Tokyo Road

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In