3713. Steeleye Span - Lowlands of Holland

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61UVjJp9RzL.jpg
From: Hark! The Village Wait; Year: 1970; Genre: Folk Rock
Steeleye Span's debut album came into my mind today. This is a traditional piece reworked in their electric folk sensibilities. Whilst the original song for the most part are about a war separating two lovers with the soldier getting killed; this version is less militaristic. It still tells a great story of lovers being separated by death and such, but is more about them and less about the death.

Hear Lowlands of Holland on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Mr. Bungle - Squeeze Me Macaroni

My song pick two years ago today: The Delfonics - Funny Feeling

My song pick three years ago today: Alice in Chains - Heaven Beside You

My song pick four years ago today: Paris - Red Rain

My song pick five years ago today: Nocturnal Rites - Destiny Calls

My song pick six years ago today: The Who - Going Mobile

My song pick seven years ago today: Louis Armstrong - The Blues are Brewin'

My song pick eight years ago today: The Beatles - Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/The End

My song pick nine years ago today: Bruce Hornsby & the Range - The Way It Is

My song pick ten years ago today: The Charlie Daniels Band - In America


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn