3708. Steely Dan - Aja

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/31U4plMvr%2BL.jpg
From: Aja; Year: 1977; Genre: Jazz Fusion/Rock
Yesterday I got the sad news that Walter Becker, (one of the two geniuses behind Steely Dan), has passed away at the early age of 67; he will definitely be missed.
Steely Dan has always been one of the bands I hold in high regard and have been a big influence on me. I thought it best to pick one of my favourites off of most likely their biggest hit album. Like the rest of their body of work, this song was recorded and arranged to a fine perfection as to the sound they wanted to get.

Hear Aja on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: The Coasters - Three Cool Cats

My song pick two years ago today: Larry Graham & Graham Central Station - Crazy Chicken

My song pick three years ago today: The Beatles - All You Need is Love

My song pick four years ago today: The Offspring - Gotta Get Away

My song pick five years ago today: Band of Horses - Knock, Knock

My song pick six years ago today: Three Dog Night - Heaven is in Your Mind

My song pick seven years ago today: Queensrÿche - One & Only

My song pick eight years ago today: The Spiders - Back
 
My song pick nine years ago today: Nena - Mach Die Augen Auf
 
My song pick ten years ago today: The Offspring - Feelings


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn