3931. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Luther the Anthropoid (Ape Man)

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71OE7u9InmL._SX522_.jpg
From: Phase Two; Year: 1972; Genre: Funk/Comedy
Thought I'd do another Funky Friday pick today; had a couple in mind, but the late-great Jimmy Castor and his band have been on my mind off and on for the last month or so.
Anyway, Luther the Anthropoid (Ape Man) was another in the style of his epic hit Troglodyte (Cave Man); both are quite similar musically and thematically, but just about as much fun to listen to.

Hear Luther the Anthropoid (Ape Man) on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Pallas - Falling Down

My song pick two years ago today: Gordon Lightfoot - Carefree Highway

My song pick three years ago today: Molly Hatchet - Whiskey Man

My song pick four years ago today: Alphaville - Forever Young

My song pick five years ago today: Metallica - For Whom the Bell Tolls

My song pick six years ago today: Sly and the Family Stone - Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

My song pick seven years ago today: Iron Maiden - Flight of Icarus

My song pick eight years ago today: Looking Glass - Brandy (You're a Fine Girl)

My song pick nine years ago today: Rush - Spirit of the Radio

My song pick ten years ago today: Duke Ellington (Earle Hagen) - Harlem Nocturne


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In