3186. Gordon Lightfoot - Carefree Highway

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51ne4pre5CL.jpg
From: Sundown; Year: 1974; Genre: Folk Rock
When out and about yesterday I had this song come on; it made me want to pick another one of Gordon Lightfoot's songs. I thought for certain that I had picked this song already, but surprisingly I hadn't. Not only that, but I haven't apparently picked one of his songs since the first year I was blogging; August of '08, #361. Dang, that's been a long while, especially for an artist that I like so much.
Anyway, this is one I've always really liked; one of my top 3 from Gordon Lightfoot. I really love the song's arrangement and his vocals.

Hear Carefree Highway on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Molly Hatchet - Whiskey Man

My song pick two years ago today: Alphaville - Forever Young

My song pick three years ago today: Metallica - For Whom the Bell Tolls

My song pick four years ago today: Sly and the Family Stone - Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

My song pick five years ago today: Iron Maiden - Flight of Icarus

My song pick six years ago today: Looking Glass - Brandy (You're a Fine Girl)

My song pick seven years ago today: Rush - Spirit of the Radio

My song pick eight years ago today: Duke Ellington (Earle Hagen) - Harlem Nocturne


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade