5496. Thompson Twins - Lies

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51688W3FCPL.jpg
From: Quick Step & Side Kick; Year: 1983; Genre: New Wave/Synthpop
It's amazing how some bands you like stay back in the dark recesses of your brain for wot seems like an eternity, but then just come out when you least expect it. To my knowledge I have only chosen one other song from the Thompson Twins, and that was at least 13 years ago, or so it would seem. I don't really know why it's been so long, but you just never know when a band or song will shake loose.
Anyway, this is one of their bigger hits and actually still gets heard today somewhat; mostly on television show's soundtracks and such. The main hook of the song is that keyboard synth bass line and, of course, the simple and repetitive chorus.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) - The Bouncer

My song pick 4 years ago today: Dick Dale - Summer Surf

My song pick 5 years ago today: Neil Young - Computer Cowboy (aka Syscrusher)

My song pick 6 years ago today: Jethro Tull - The Foot of Our Stairs

My song pick 7 years ago today: Peter Tosh - Rumors of War

My song pick 8 years ago today: War - Low Rider

My song pick 9 years ago today: Midnight Oil - Truganini

My song pick 10 years ago today: The Nightwatchman - I Dreamed I Saw Joe Hill Last Night



My song pick 13 years ago today: Electric Light Orchestra - Ticket To The Moon

My song pick 14 years ago today: ABBA - So Long
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In