5487. After the Fire - Der Kommissar

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61YZKe2AgHL._SX522_.jpg
From: Der Kommissar; Year: 1982; Genre: New Wave/Synthpop
Kind of an interesting song and band, covering a song originally written and recorded in the German language by the late-great Falco and then the band breaks up just before the song hits it big in North America. Growing up in the 1980s, I heard this version a great deal, and still do somewhat even to this day. My experience with After the Fire's version of Der Kommissar is that it seems to go over well with almost all audiences, which is, like I said, interesting with it being highly electronic and somewhat of a form of early hip-hop. Far and gone the song's strengths are all those "money riffs" that act as amazing hooks that demand the listener's attention, and of course it is a very danceable song to boot.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: Lionel Richie - All Night Long (All Night)

My song pick 4 years ago today: The Replacements - The Ledge

My song pick 5 years ago today: Bachman-Turner Overdrive (BTO) - Hey You

My song pick 6 years ago today: Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Powderfinger

My song pick 7 years ago today: Jesus Jones - Right Here, Right Now

My song pick 8 years ago today: Wings - Silly Love Songs

My song pick 9 years ago today: Aphrodite's Child - End of the World

My song pick 10 years ago today: Triumph - I Can Survive

My song pick 11 years ago today: Red Hot Chili Peppers - Otherside

My song pick 12 years ago today: Cruachan - The Gael

My song pick 13 years ago today: Jim Croce - Alabama Rain

My song pick 14 years ago today: Derek and the Dominos (Eric Clapton) - Bell Bottom Blues
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In