5510. Lou Reed - My Red Joystick

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/41kQXZHvoML._UX716_FMwebp_QL85_.jpg
From: New Sensations; Year: 1984; Genre: Rock/New Wave
I've been thinking about a lot of Lou Reed's music over the last couple of days, and decided to go deeper into his catalogue than my normal fare that consists of his first three or four albums.
The first time I heard this cute little innuendo-laced track, to say I was bemused was an understatement. Certainly different from wot I'm used to from the artist, the new wave '80s pop/rock feel and his vocals that for some reason remind me of Mark Knopfler during about the same time, it definitely showed how he and his music evolved over a decade or so.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: Sweet - Ballroom Blitz

My song pick 4 years ago today: Bachman-Turner Overdrive (BTO) - Don't Let the Blues Get You Down

My song pick 5 years ago today: Commodores - Easy

My song pick 6 years ago today: Green Day - Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)

My song pick 7 years ago today: Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention - Eat That Question

My song pick 8 years ago today: Nocturnal Rites - Ring of Steel

My song pick 9 years ago today: The Moody Blues - The Sunset/Twilight Time

My song pick 10 years ago today: Hawkwind - Damnation Alley

My song pick 11 years ago today: Chet Atkins - I Wish I Knew

My song pick 12 years ago today: Sergei Prokofiev - Op. 67 - Peter and the Wolf

My song pick 13 years ago today: Lalo Schifrin - Scorpio's Theme

My song pick 14 years ago today: Rush - Dreamline
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In