6114. The Monkees - Pleasant Valley Sunday

From: Pisces, Aquarius, Capricorn & Jones LTD.; Year: 1967; Genre: Pop/Psychedelic Rock
Pleasant Valley Sunday just happened to pop into my mind whilst thinking about today's song that I should pick. It's a good, aptly-titled track from the "Prefab Four" that pokes fun at the whole suburban lifestyle that is rife much of human-kind's shortcomings, only slightly hidden beneath a superficial guise.
In actuality, I have always liked this one if for nothing more than the musicianship, vocals, and production value.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 5 years ago today: Roxette - Joyride

My song pick 6 years ago today: Jerry Reed - The Devil Went Down to Georgia

My song pick 7 years ago today: Johnny Winter - Funky Music

My song pick 8 years ago today: Marillion - Sugar Mice

My song pick 9 years ago today: Pink Floyd - Money

My song pick 10 years ago today: American Breed - Bend Me, Shape Me

My song pick 11 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Cat's Squirrel

My song pick 12 years ago today: Amon Amarth - A Beast Am I

My song pick 13 years ago today: Steve Vai - Little Green Men

My song pick 14 years ago today: Fairport Convention - Maddy Groves

My song pick 15 years ago today: Billy Joel - Allentown

My song pick 16 years ago today: Meg Rock - Clover
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In