6116. Ray Stevens - The Rockin' Teenage Mummies

From: It Only Hurts When I Laugh/The Rockin' Teenage Mummies; Year: 1965; Genre: Rock 'n Roll/Comedy
I really do not believe there are many out there with such an extensive catalogue of original novelty comedy songs than Ray Stevens; he sure did write a lot of classics over the years.
This one was the B-Side of a single release that, whilst is original, it contains a lot of musical ideas from his other songs of the time. If you are at all familiar with his hits from this time, you'll surely pick up on them.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 5 years ago today: Stevie Wonder - Too Shy To Say

My song pick 6 years ago today: The Postal Service - Brand New Colony

My song pick 7 years ago today: Wolfmother - Joker & the Thief

My song pick 8 years ago today: Peter Gabriel - Digging in the Dirt

My song pick 9 years ago today: Slaughter - Up All Night

My song pick 10 years ago today: The Steve Miller Band - Wide River

My song pick 11 years ago today: Stratovarius - Fire Dance

My song pick 12 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Aeroplane

My song pick 13 years ago today: Styx - Renegade

My song pick 14 years ago today: The Jaggerz - The Rapper

My song pick 15 years ago today: Sha Na Na - Blue Moon

My song pick 16 years ago today: The Moody Blues - Your Wildest Dreams
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In