6130. The Surfaris - Surfer Joe

From: Wipe Out; Year: 1963; Genre: Surf Rock/
When it comes to surf rock I normally steer toward the instrumental tracks featuring a blistering guitar leading the way, but I really have come to like this quirky, fun song which actually contains... vocals.
Funny enough, the legendary drummer and writer of the song is the one that sings on this one: Ron Wilson. He is best-known as one of the first pioneers of surf drumming, which is exemplified on their hit Wipe Out. Anyway, whilst the drums are not as energetic on this track, they are among the best aspects for me, along with the fore-mentioned vocals and also the organ.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 5 years ago today: Dan Fogelberg - Longer

My song pick 6 years ago today: Bee Gees - Run to Me

My song pick 7 years ago today: Pallas - Dance Through the Fire

My song pick 8 years ago today: King Crimson - Matte Kudasai

My song pick 9 years ago today: Lenny Kravitz - Fly Away

My song pick 10 years ago today: Steely Dan - Reelin' in the Years

My song pick 11 years ago today: Led Zeppelin - All of My Love

My song pick 12 years ago today: Shocking Blue - Never Marry a Railroad Man

My song pick 13 years ago today: Hawkwind - Mirror of Illusion

My song pick 14 years ago today: Louis Armstrong and his Hot Seven - Melancholy Blues

My song pick 15 years ago today: Lynyrd Skynyrd - That Smell

My song pick 16 years ago today: Pink Floyd - Brain Damage/Eclipse
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In