6109. Rare Earth - Big John Is My Name

From: Ma; Year: 1973; Genre: Funk/Soul/Motown
Listening to some Rare Earth this morning with this selection coming from their album Ma. At just over four minutes, Big John Is My Name is the shortest track from the record. It has some amazing bass and drums throughout and is dripping with some great psychedelic funk.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 5 years ago today: Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble - Lenny

My song pick 6 years ago today: The Alan Parsons Project - (The System of) Dr. Tarr and Professor Fether

My song pick 7 years ago today: Golden Earring - Twilight Zone

My song pick 8 years ago today: Benny Carter and Dizzy Gillespie - Broadway

My song pick 9 years ago today: Muse - Invincible

My song pick 10 years ago today: America - Ventura Highway

My song pick 11 years ago today: Nick Gilder - Hot Child in the City

My song pick 12 years ago today: Boston - Foreplay/Long Time

My song pick 13 years ago today: Gerry Rafferty - Home and Dry

My song pick 14 years ago today: Johnny Cash - One Piece at a Time

My song pick 15 years ago today: Traffic - John Barleycorn

My song pick 16 years ago today: The Moody Blues - Forever Afternoon (Tuesday?), Time to Get Away.
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In