6162. Wednesday - Last Kiss

From: Last Kiss; Year: 1973; Genre: Pop/Rock
Hear is one of the many covers of this famous Teenage Tragedy/Death song that was a popular sub-genre back in the '50s and '60s. Every now and then the most popular J. Frank Wilson and the Cavaliers' cover will seemingly pop back up into the pop culture when either another band records it, and/or it appears in some movie or television show etc. When the Canadian band Wednesday, (later known as Wenzday), did their version of it was one of the first instances thereof. Theirs made them a pretty big hit in and of itself, but, as stated prior, got the famous version back on the charts as well. It has happened since, most notably when Pearl Jam covered it back in '98/'99.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 5 years ago today: Gloryhammer - Legend of the Astral Hammer

My song pick 6 years ago today: John Fogerty - Rockin' All Over the World

My song pick 7 years ago today: Iain Matthews - Gimme An Inch Girl

My song pick 8 years ago today: Marmalade - I See the Rain

My song pick 9 years ago today: Maddy Prior - Long Shadows

My song pick 10 years ago today: Béla Fleck and the Flecktones - Let Me Be the One

My song pick 11 years ago today: Finntroll - Ett Norrskensdåd

My song pick 12 years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV Anh. 117a, 117b - Polonaise in F Major (from Anna Magdalena Notebook II)

My song pick 13 years ago today: Exist†Trace - Requiem

My song pick 14 years ago today: Meat Loaf - Two out of Three Ain't Bad

My song pick 15 years ago today: Christian Pezold - BWV Anh. 115 - Minuet in G Minor (Anna Magdalena Notebook II)

My song pick 16 years ago today: Raymond Scott - Powerhouse
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In