6148. Iain Matthews - Morgan the Pirate

From: If You Saw Thro' My Eyes; Year: 1971; Genre: Folk Rock
Kinda shocked yesterday to discover that prolific drummer and vocalist Gerry Conway passed away almost two weeks ago; he apparently had been fighting a battle with ALS. Almost universally across the many band mates and artists he played for said he was easy to get along with and an amazing musician. Whilst many might not immediately know who he was, they probably have heard him with bands/artists such as Iain Matthews, Al Stewart, Grimms, Richard Thompson, Mike McGear, Jethro Tull, Cat Stevens, Fairport Convention, Steeleye Span, Fotheringay, Kate & Anna McGarrigle, amongst others.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 5 years ago today: The Police - Don't Stand Too Close To Me

My song pick 6 years ago today: Mastodon - The Wolf is Loose

My song pick 7 years ago today: Steely Dan - Don't Take Me Alive

My song pick 8 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Black Mamba

My song pick 9 years ago today: Michael Martin Murphey - Medicine Man

My song pick 10 years ago today: The Jimmy Castor Bunch - It's Just Begun

My song pick 11 years ago today: Marillion - Script for a Jester's Tear

My song pick 12 years ago today: Carmen - Purple Flowers

My song pick 13 years ago today: Rammstein - Keine Lust

My song pick 14 years ago today: Big Brother and the Holding Company (Janis Joplin) - Piece Of My Heart

My song pick 15 years ago today: Nightwish - The Kinslayer

My song pick 16 years ago today: Boz Scaggs - Lido Shuffle
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In