6152. The Thermals - An Ear For Baby

From: The Body, The Blood, The Machine; Year: 2006; Genre: Indie Rock
I've kept coming back to the somewhat prophetic concept album as of late; this is one of the darker tracks amongst a lot of darkness on it. However, I've always found The Thermals' music quite odd in that if you don't really focus too much on the lyrics they come off as just some really good upbeat songs. Very interesting is that I was first introduced to them and this album through the soundtrack of an NHL 2K video game over 15 years ago and have liked the band since having it play whilst engaged in a hockey fight.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 5 years ago today: 10cc - Good Morning Judge

My song pick 6 years ago today: The Moody Blues - I Know You're Out There Somewhere

My song pick 7 years ago today: Fletcher Henderson and Louis Armstrong - Money Blues

My song pick 8 years ago today: Weather Report - Palladíum

My song pick 9 years ago today: Percy Sledge - When a Man Loves a Woman

My song pick 10 years ago today: Peter Gabriel - Steam

My song pick 11 years ago today: Phil Collins - Something Happened on the Way to Heaven

My song pick 12 years ago today: Pallas - Rise and Fall, Part 2

My song pick 13 years ago today: Blue Öyster Cult - Black Blade

My song pick 14 years ago today: Rammstein - Waidmanns Heil

My song pick 15 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Rock Island

My song pick 16 years ago today: Cheap Trick - Mighty Wings
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In