3223. Eric Burdon & The Animals - Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61nP7Gp1sXL.jpg
From: Animal Tracks; Year: 1965; Genre: Blues Rock
I had this song, which is amongst my favourites from Eric Burdon & The Animals, on my mind last night, so, yeah, like always, I'm picking it.
Whilst this was a huge hit for The Animals, it was originally a wonderful piece of bluesy jazz performed by Nina Simone, which can be found here on YouTube. But when Eric Burdon and company got ahold of it they altered all but essentially the lyrics and making it their own. Personally, I love both pieces in their own way, but it's hard not to think of that organ and guitar lick when you think of this song, however, the powerful, deep, and heartfelt lyrics and their delivery are really the driving force for me.

Hear Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: The Who - 905

My song pick two years ago today: The Alan Parsons Project - I Wouldn't Want to Be Like You

My song pick three years ago today: Rush - 2112

My song pick four years ago today: Elvis Presley - Hound Dog

My song pick five years ago today: Tesla - I Wanna Live

My song pick six years ago today: Rammstein - Eifersucht

My song pick seven years ago today: Duran Duran - Lay Lady Lay

My song pick eight years ago today: Genesis - Mama


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade