1605 Jethro Tull - Crew Nights

1605 Jethro Tull - Crew Nights
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/11/9e/d5e8810ae7a0bd7680fda110.L._AA300_.jpg
From: Nightcap, Year: 1993 (1981)
Genre: Hard Rock/Progressive Rock

After I saw that Frankie Big Face picked Jackson Browne's Load Out yesterday as one of his TWOsday picks this 'Tull song with a similar subject matter/theme started playing in my mind and wouldn't leave. Although, because I picked one of their songs a couple of days ago, let alone the amount of times the band has been featured on my blog I was a bit hesitant to pick it, but when a song I like is on my mind I always take it as a sign that I should pick it, so here it is.
I was first drawn to this track mostly for the usual excellent musicianship from the band and the way it was arranged. The song is definitely carried by its straight up and down, hard, driving drum beat, however, when they come to the instrumental section, like any good Prog/Rock band, they effortlessly speed up the tempo and switch it up to an odd 7 beat meter; they just as effortlessly go back to the original tempo and the straight, driving beat for the last verse.

Here is a fan video with the song on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: The Guess Who - These Eyes

My song pick two years ago today: Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Fanfare for the Common Man

My song pick three years ago today: The Kinks - Do It Again

My song pick four years ago today: The Guess Who - Hang On To Your Life

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade