1623 Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) - Julie Don't Live Here

1623 Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) - Julie Don't Live Here
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Ic7xkuMjL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Time [Remastered], Year: 1981
Genre: Electronic Rock/Pop

While out and about driving in the slop this evening this track from my favourite ELO record came on and I thought it would make a nice pick for this Sunday evening.
This song was actually not originally included on the Time album and was rather a b-side to one of the singles off of the record: Twilight. However, on the remaster version it was included along with two other tracks.
With it not originally being part of the album I am a bit uncertain as to if it was part of the time traveler story that is told throughout the songs on the album. With the subject matter of the song about a man looking up the residence of a what seems to be an old girlfriend only to find out that she no longer lives there, it definitely would fit the story, especially early on in the album. I believe it would fit best perhaps before or after Yours Truly, 2095, being that the song was about him sending a message to a lover living over 100 years in the past, perhaps the "Julie" mentioned in this song. This would be supported by the lyrics: "Last night I saw your face in the window," but in the chorus it states: "Julie don't live here anymore, She moved away many years before." Whatever the case I personally like to believe that it does fit in the story.
This song has more of a Pop flavour than it's counterparts, which might have been the reason it was omitted on the original versions of Time, but still has that ELO sound and if you like the band you should like this one.

Here is a video with the studio version on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Fire Bomber (Humming Bird) - My Soul For You

My song pick two years ago today: Hawkwind - D-Rider

My song pick three years ago today: Duran Duran - Rio

My song pick four years ago today: Rare Earth - (I Know) I'm Losing You

+

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, typos happen; they're not a mythical creature. I'd be happy if you could point out any instances of spelling errors for me.
      Thanks again for coming by. And oh yes, I'd appreciate it if you'd only put related links in you comments.

      Delete
  2. I decided to remove the comment above due to the irrelevant link, however, here is what he said minus that link:

    "naturally like your web-site but you have to check the spelling on several of your posts. Many of them are rife with spelling problems and I find it very bothersome to tell the reality nevertheless I'll surely come again again."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade