1719 Rush - A Farewell to Kings

From: A Farewell to Kings; Year: 1977; Genre: Progressive Rock
Today I'm celebrating that I've almost finished with a project I've been working on for quite a few months now. As part of my celebrating I've been listening to a lot of music this morning; Rush's A Farewell to Kings was the first album I listened to, so I thought I would pick the title track off of it for my pick today. This is, of course, from the midst of when Rush was furthest into their most progressive/narrative-driven art rock period of the band, so you should know what to expect.

Here is the music video on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Steeleye Span - Robbery With Violins

My song pick two year ago today: Jethro Tull - Dark Ages

My song pick three years ago today: The Blind Boys of Alabama - Amazing Grace
 
My song pick four years ago today: Emerson, Lake & Palmer - From The Beginning

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn