1779 Booker T. & the MGs - Melting Pot

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51VR2KZsMNL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Melting Pot; Year: 1971; Genre: R&B/Soul/Funk
A little over a month ago legendary bassist Donald "Duck" Dunn passed away; it thoroughly amazes me with how many artists' songs and albums he appeared on. He is probably best known as being the bassist for Booker T. & the MGs, which not only made their own material, but were also the house band for Stax Records similar to what The Funk Brothers were to Motown.
Anyway, even though I'm over a month late I thought I would make a pick of one of the songs he appeared on. This is, of course, the title track to their '71 Melting Pot album; both the song and the record are among Booker T. & the MGs' best material.

Hear Melting Pot on YouTube.
Here is a live performance circa '91 on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Bachman-Turner Overdrive (BTO) - Don't Get Yourself In Trouble

My song pick two years ago today: Red Hot Chili Peppers - Scar Tissue

My song pick three years ago today: White Zombie - More Human Than Human

My song pick four years ago today: Marc Cohen - Walking In Memphis

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn