1861 Santo & Johnny - Harbour Lights

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51i3Ct-4ZML._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Santo & Johnny; Year: 1959; Genre: Pop Instrumental
I had Santo & Johnny's version of this rather pretty and often-recorded pop standard running through my mind as I was waking up this morning and thought I would go ahead and pick it.
Recently I have been learning to play this song on my Hawaiian steel guitar; their '59 recording has been one of the main versions that I have been learning from. It's almost perfect for what I'm learning; Santo Farina's Hawaiian influenced playing style really fits well with what I've been trying to learn.

Hear Harbour Lights on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Stone Temple Pilots - Plush

My song pick two years ago today: Eddie Floyd - Knock on Wood

My song pick three years ago today: Jethro Tull - Pussy Willow

My song pick four years ago today: Bon Jovi featuring Big & Rich - We Got It Going On

My song pick five years ago today: The Thermals - I Hold the Sound

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn