1998 Savatage - The Storm

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b6/Wake_of_the_magellan.jpg
From: The Wake of Magellan; Year: 1998; Genre: Progressive Metal
Here's one from the year 1998, (also today's song pick number), well, at least here in the U.S., other regions got it a little bit earlier than that.
Anyway, this is a rather pretty instrumental, which appears towards the end of this 'concept album' just before the final 'epic' song The Hourglass; it features some amazing guitar work and piano playing.

Hear The Storm on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: John Dowland - In Darkness We Dwell

My song pick two years ago today: Blue Öyster Cult - I Love the Night

My song pick three years ago today: The Byrds - Eight Miles High

My song pick four years ago today: Wings - Band on the Run

My song pick five years ago today: Faith No More - Woodpecker From Mars


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)