2552 Chet Atkins - Funky Junk

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3a/Chet_Atkins_Picks_On_Jerry_Reed.jpg
From: Chet Atkins Picks on Jerry Reed; Year: 1974; Genre: Country/Funk
Today marks my 45th consecutive Funky Friday and when thinking about what to pick I decided on something way out in left field from what's expected. As a crossover between country pickin' and funk this one does pretty good. As with the rest of the music on the album, this is a cover by Chet Atkins of songs Jerry Reed wrote. It starts out with his normal style country/blues picking with a slight hint of ragtime, but slowly gains the funky beat and each time the tune comes around the music gets funkier and then eventually brings it back down.

Hear Funky Junk on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: The Steve Miller Band - Overdrive

My song pick two years ago today: The Doors - Light My Fire

My song pick three years ago today: Elvis Presley - Suspicious Minds

My song pick four years ago today: Jethro Tull - Grace

My song pick five years ago today: John Denver - Season Suite: Summer

My song pick six years ago today: The Steve Miller Band - The Window


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade