2567 Jethro Tull - Working John, Working Joe

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51DGGnl-exL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
From: A; Year: 1980; Genre: Progressive Rock/Electronic Rock
Oh noes! I'm picking yet another band from the Jethro Tull! Oi vay, what a huge surprise.  :P
Anyway, as per usual this song was running through my mind, so I picked it; no other surprise there. I don't know why, but I've always loved the A album where most 'Tull fans despise it; while it's by no means their bast effort, it's still a great record that I usually listen to all the way through. This song is one that heralds back to the economic problems of the late 1970s and early 1980s a tells the trials and tribulations of a working class Joe Schmoe and an upper class individual; a very neat track and the music is great too albeit with a lot of electronica.

Hear Working John, Working Joe on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Rush - The Enemy Within (Part 1 of Fear)

My song pick two years ago today: Paris - Pale Horse, Pale Rider

My song pick three years ago today: Stuart Hamm - Simple Dreams

My song pick four years ago today: Albert Hammond - It Never Rains In Southern California

My song pick five years ago today: Band of Horses - Islands on the Coast

My song pick six years ago today: Jim Croce - Roller Derby Queen


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn