2564 The Doors - Alabama Song (Whiskey Bar)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Spjdv-5tL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
From: The Doors; Year: 1967; Genre: Psychedelic Rock
I was thinking about some music from The Doors this morning and decided it was a sign I should pick another of their songs.
This is one of The Doors' most distinctive sounding songs, which is a cover of a Kurt Weill song made from a Bertoit Brecht poem. I've always loved Ray Manzarek's keyboard work on this one, especially the bass keyboard; it really makes this song what it is.

Hear Alabama Song (Whiskey Bar) on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Slade - Slam the Hammer Down

My song pick two years ago today: Stahlhammer - Mensch

My song pick three years ago today: Rush - Afterimage

My song pick four years ago today: Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice - The Last Supper (From Jesus Christ Superstar)

My song pick five years ago today: Megadeth - Sleepwalker

My song pick six years ago today: The Allman Brothers Band - The Whipping Post


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn