3402. Elton John - Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81bb62joD5L._SX522_.jpg
From: Goodbye Yellow Brick Road; Year: 1973; Genre: Progressive Rock
Still have this great album on my mind today, so I'm picking another from of it. This medley is probably my favourite of all of Elton John's work. It wisely/skillfully fuses one of his most progressive and symphonic pieces with a straight-ahead rocker, which made it not only have a wide appeal, but got it played on the radio to boot.

Hear Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Paco de Lucía - La Barrosa (alegrías)

My song pick two years ago today: Jon Oliva's Pain - I Fear You

My song pick three years ago today: Soundgarden - Blow Up the Outside World

My song pick four years ago today: Genesis - For Absent Friends

My song pick five years ago today: Santo & Johnny - Teardrop

My song pick six years ago today: Rammstein - Bück Dich

My song pick seven years ago today: Lulu - To Sir With Love

My song pick eight years ago today: Primus - Nature Boy

My song pick nine years ago today: Deep Purple - Space Truckin'


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)