3410. Amii Stewart - Knock on Wood

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/31VK8qmKXxL.jpg
From: Knock on Wood; Year: 1979; Genre: Disco
I was thinking about picking a couple of other songs for today's Funky Friday; but this awesome disco hit just started playing in my mind when I set out to post. Whilst not categorized as funk, it's definitely got a lot of funk in there; that beat will grab almost anyone with a pulse and get 'em moving.
I remember hearing this one a lot growing up, well into the '80s and beyond. Other than the pounding and bumping beat the two other aspects that really make this song so great is Amii Stewart's commanding vocals and the way they used a slightly modified version of Steve Cropper's original "Money Lick" intro all the way the through the song, which is a massive hook.

Hear Knock on Wood on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Link Wray - Comanche

My song pick two years ago today: Foo Fighters - Everlong

My song pick three years ago today: Rush - The Analog Kid

My song pick four years ago today: The Alan Parsons Project - The Tell-Tale Heart

My song pick five years ago today: Red Hot Chili Peppers - Ethiopia

My song pick six years ago today: Bass Extremes - Glorious Pastorius

My song pick seven years ago today: Alexander Courage - Where No Man Has Gone Before (Theme From Star Trek)

My song pick eight years ago today: The Temptations - Get Ready

My song pick nine years ago today: Bachman-Turner Overdrive (BTO) - Not Fragile


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade