3188. Weather Report - Palladíum

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/912GhRgDJJL._SX522_.jpg
From: Heavy Weather; Year: 1977; Jazz Fusion/Funk
Might not be a true "funk" track on this Funky Friday, but the basis of most of Palladíum is funk mixed with Latin beats, so I should be fine.
Anyway, this is another one that features excellent leads by both Joe Zawinul and Wayne Shorter; of course Jaco is excellent as always on bass and the drums and percussions by Alex Acuña and Manolo Badrena are the glue that holds the entire thing together and make it so danceable.

Hear Palladíum on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Percy Sledge - When a Man Loves a Woman

My song pick two years ago today: Peter Gabriel - Steam

My song pick three years ago today: Phil Collins - Something Happened on the Way to Heaven

My song pick four years ago today: Pallas - Rise and Fall, Part 2

My song pick five years ago today: Blue Öyster Cult - Black Blade

My song pick six years ago today: Rammstein - Waidmanns Heil

My song pick seven years ago today: Jethro Tull - Rock Island

My song pick eight years ago today: Cheap Trick - Mighty Wings


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade