1349 Al Di Meola - Alien Chase on Arabian Desert

1349 Al Di Meola - Alien Chase on Arabian Desert
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/517-4XkHPcL._SS500_.jpg
From: Splendido Hotel, Year: 1980

Been delving back into the work of Al Di Meola the last couple of days. I'm still extremely baffled at how he gets omitted on every list of top guitarists, at least he and his music are known and appreciated by most serious musicians.
Anyway, this is one of my favourite songs in his catalogue; it comes off of his '80 Splendido Hotel album. It is a very technical song in almost every aspect; Al Di Meola's guitar work is as incredible as ever. I absolutely love Tim Landers' awesome bass line, I love how it counters and matches the melody throughout the track. Every aspect of this song is a true Progressive music lover's dream.

Here is a fan video with the studio version on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Alice Cooper - Go To Hell

My song pick two years ago today: Pink Floyd - Shine On You Crazy Diamond

My song pick three years ago today: The Doors - Riders On The Storm

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade