3699. Rodrigo - Concierto de Aranjuez

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71rMAiSPQOL._SX522_.jpg
From: Rodrigo: Complete Concertos for Guitar and Harp incl. Concierto de Aranjuez; Year: 1999 (1939); Genre: 20th Century classical/Flamenco
We've all had those times when there's a song playing in your head and because it's an instrumental/classical piece or such; this is one that was driving me insane for years now. However, the other day I finally discovered its title and who wrote it, so, yes, this is today's pick.
If you've heard the piece before it's most likely the second movement, which is definitely notable. The flamenco guitar and the woodwinds really drive this composition and bring out so many emotions; definitely one of the best pieces written last century.

Watch a full performance of Concierto de Aranjuez on YouTube.
Or hear only the most famous second movement on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Larry Graham & Graham Central Station - Entrow

My song pick two years ago today: Judas Priest - Screaming for Vengeance

My song pick three years ago today: Genesis - Duchess

My song pick four years ago today: ABBA - Arrival

My song pick five year ago today: Barenaked Ladies - The Old Apartment

My song pick six years ago today: The Rolling Stones - 100 Years Ago

My song pick seven years ago today: Eisbrecher - Mein Blut

My song pick eight years ago today: Bachman-Turner Overdrive (BTO) - Lookin' Out For #1

My song pick nine years ago today: Rammstein - Sonne


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn