4235. The Charles Mingus Quintet + Max Roach - Drums

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/918awsVS7CL._SX522_.jpg
From: The Charles Mingus Quintet + Max Roach; Year: 1964 (1955); Genre: Freeform/Hard Bop/Jazz/classical
It seems me that I haven't been picking any of the more avant-garde examples of jazz for a bit now; figured I would go ahead and do so. In this one you get to hear two masters on the bass and drums really put on a clinic. Wot's interesting is that they keep it very listenable even to the casual listener.

Hear Drums on YouTube.



My song pick 1 year ago today: Neil Young - Sugar Mountain

My song pick 2 years ago today: Return to Forever - Duel of the Jester and the Tyrant (Parts 1+2)

My song pick 3 years ago today: Ozric Tentacles - Plant Music

My song pick 4 years ago today: Luther Vandross - Never Too Much

My song pick 5 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Living in the Past

My song pick 6 years ago today: Hawkwind - It Is the Business of the Future to Be Dangerous

My song pick 7 years ago today: Earth, Wind & Fire - Fantasy

My song pick 8 years ago today: Miles Davis - Freddie Freeloader

My song pick 9 years ago today: Django Reinhardt & Stephane Grappelli (Quintette du Hot Club de France) - Liza (All the Clouds'll Roll Away)

My song pick 10 years ago today: Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble - Little Wing

My song pick 11 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Said She Was A Dancer


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In