3121. Ozric Tentacles - Plant Music

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/811AxYH4xeL._SX522_.jpg
From: The Yumyum Tree: Year: 2009; Genre: Progressive Rock/Psychedelic Rock
Ever since discovering this band I've been meaning to add one of their songs to my blog. Ever since I heard them they reminded me a wee bit of bands such as Porcupine Tree, but different still.
They are a great band if you are into highly technical instrumental music, but have a great rhythm with a great thumping bass, especially on this track.

Hear Plant Music on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Luther Vandross - Never Too Much

My song pick two years ago today: Jethro Tull - Living in the Past

My song pick three years ago today: Hawkwind - It Is the Business of the Future to Be Dangerous

My song pick four years ago today: Earth, Wind & Fire - Fantasy

My song pick five years ago today: Miles Davis - Freddie Freeloader

My song pick six years ago today: Django Reinhardt & Stephane Grappelli (Quintette du Hot Club de France) - Liza (All the Clouds'll Roll Away)

My song pick seven years ago today: Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble - Little Wing

My song pick eight years ago today: Jethro Tull - Said She Was A Dancer


Comments

  1. OMG, I first heard this track on my Porcupine Tree Pandora channel and fell in love with it instantly. And it's an AWESOME track to play in video games that let you import your own music, like Beat Hazard or Robot Roller Derby Disco Dodgeball. Holy hell, it's amazing in RRDDD. Absolutely ideal.

    I have the whole Yumyum Tree album and it's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm adoring this band. I didn't actually realize that they were connected to Porcupine Tree; was Steve Wilson inspired by them or has he worked with them?

      Delete
    2. I don't know if there's a direct connection between Ozric and Steven Wilson, but they get played often on the Porcupine Tree channel simply because Pandora thinks they sound similar. I also hear a lot of Radiohead, Tool, Opeth, Riverside, God is an Astronaut, etc.

      Delete
    3. Yeah, they do have a similar sound to PT.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn