3494. Return to Forever - Duel of the Jester and the Tyrant (Parts 1+2)

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/A134EvF2HJL._SX522_.jpg
From: Romantic Warrior; Year: 1976; Genre: Jazz Fusion/Progressive Rock
This track, which is like a mashup of jazz, rock, funk, and classical was perfect for my mood today on this Funky Friday. Whilst it's less full-on funk and more like a very jazzy Rush instrumental; this one's just too funky to not pick it. That ever changing funky rhythm that Stanley Clarke and Lenny White lay down is just too infectious. For that matter the entire band show off their chops in this 12 minute epic instrumental fight song.

Hear Duel of the Jester and the Tyrant (Parts 1+2) on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Ozric Tentacles - Plant Music

My song pick two years ago today: Luther Vandross - Never Too Much

My song pick three years ago today: Jethro Tull - Living in the Past

My song pick four years ago today: Hawkwind - It Is the Business of the Future to Be Dangerous

My song pick five years ago today: Earth, Wind & Fire - Fantasy

My song pick six years ago today: Miles Davis - Freddie Freeloader

My song pick seven years ago today: Django Reinhardt & Stephane Grappelli (Quintette du Hot Club de France) - Liza (All the Clouds'll Roll Away)

My song pick eight years ago today: Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble - Little Wing

My song pick nine years ago today: Jethro Tull - Said She Was A Dancer


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade