4243. The Clifford Brown & Max Roach Quintet - Parisian Thoroughfare

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/510nLHSqPIL.jpg
From: Clifford Brown & Max Roach; Year: 1954; Genre: Hard Bop Jazz/Jazz
In my opinion this is arguably one of the best jazz records ever recorded; or at least one of the best Hard Bop Jazz albums in existence. The well-defined melodies keep the instrumentalists from getting too out of control during solos; it's definitely a treat for the ears.

Hear Parisian Thoroughfare on YouTube.



My song pick 1 year ago today: Laura Branigan - Solitaire

My song pick 2 years ago today: Simon & Garfunkle - Scarborough Fair/Canticle

My song pick 3 years ago today: Uriah Heep - Easy Livin'

My song pick 4 years ago today: Motörhead - Overkill

My song pick 5 years ago today: The Guess Who - 6 A.M. or Nearer

My song pick 6 years ago today: "Weird Al" Yankovic - Eat It

My song pick 7 years ago today: Queensrÿche - Jet City Woman

My song pick 8 years ago today: Frank Zappa - Mudd Club

My song pick 9 years ago today: U2 - I Will Follow

My song pick 10 years ago today: The Delgados - Keep On Breathing

My song pick 11 years ago today: Yoko Kanno (The Seat Belts) - Tank!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In