5313. Billy Joel - Leningrad

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/41D1S1d-W8L._UX716_FMwebp_QL85_.jpg
From: Storm Front; Year: 1989; Genre: Rock
This is one of the heaviest songs Billy Joel has ever written subject-matter/lyric wise in my opinion. Kind of capturing the mood and events at the time with the fall of the Berlin Wall and the ending of the Soviet Union and such, this is a biographical story about a friend of his, Victor Razinov, who grew up under unideal circumstances during and after World War II in Soviet Russia. He also mixes in his own autobiographical story concerning growing up on the other side in the Cold War United States. For people of their generation up through mine it should send a shiver up your spine remembering how things used to be and how people on both sides were taught to fear the other and see them as the enemy and nothing more and how some of us actually came to the understanding that people on both sides weren't the villainous group that that we all believed.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: Dream Theater - Untethered Angel

My song pick 4 years ago today: Oasis - Supersonic

My song pick 5 years ago today: U2 - A Sort of Homecoming

My song pick 6 years ago today: A-ha - The Sun Always Shines on T.V.

My song pick 7 years ago today: Cream - Crossroads

My song pick 8 years ago today: Luther Davis Group - You Can Be a Star

My song pick 9 years ago today: Megadeth - Hangar 18

My song pick 10 years ago today: Black 47 - Different Drummer

My song pick 11 years ago today: Band of Horses - The First Song

My song pick 12 years ago today: Forest - A Glade Somewhere

My song pick 13 years ago today: Weather Report - Teen Town

My song pick 14 years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 1068 - Orchestral Suite No.3 in D-Major, "Air"
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In