5312. Jethro Tull - The Zealot Gene

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/81s2LL0q1ML._SX522_.jpg
From: The Zealot Gene; Year: 2022; Genre: Progressive Rock
Jethro Tull the other day released this single and title-track from the upcoming The Zealot Gene album, which is supposed to be released on the 28th of this month, and I am very much looking forward to it. Thus far, the music reminds me mostly of their J-Tull Dot Com and Roots to Branches albums that were released in 1999 and 1995 respectively and were the last two official 'Tull records consisting of new material. Whilst I have been hoping that they would continue in the vein of the last two Ian Anderson solo albums, which had more of a throwback to the late '70s sound of the band, I still like wot I've been hearing from the three singles that have already come out. It's very much what you'd expect from the pen of Ian Anderson and his collaboration with the current band's roster; the hard and heavy prog rock sound along with his heavy and relevant lyrics.
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 3 years ago today: Journey - Remember Me

My song pick 4 years ago today: The Cranberries - Linger

My song pick 5 years ago today: Sammy Hagar - There's Only One Way to Rock

My song pick 6 years ago today: Midnight Oil - Forgotten Years

My song pick 7 years ago today: The Nashville Allstars - Opus de Funk

My song pick 8 years ago today: Rush - Freeze (Part IV of 'Fear')

My song pick 9 years ago today: Chris Isaak - Wicked Game

My song pick 10 years ago today: Dion - Abraham, Martin and John

My song pick 12 years ago today: Joachim Witt - Wem Gehört Das Sternenlicht

My song pick 13 years ago today: Cab Calloway & The Harlemaniacs - The Reefer Man

My song pick 14 years ago today: Diana Ross and the Supremes - Reflections
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In